Being as an owner store, you always consider about the security of your site. It has directly effect on the success of your online store. Thus, protect your web from malware or virus is an important step to make your business to the right way. As a Magento user, you do not have to worry because there are very simple tips help you avoid harmful things.
There below tips will help merchants improve your Magento security
- Choose a high quality of security hosting provider
The merchants should choose a truthful hosting provider for website and asking the about security before making a decision to investigate to this hosting. A security software development is suitable for your web is a must thing. This is very important because owning a high security website base on a high security hosting provider.
- Security environment
- The below solutions are given for a safe environment:
- Update all the software and apply patches as when recommended
- Ask the hosting provider for helping to delete all the unnecessary software on the server
- Just use secure communications protocol like SSH, SFTP or HTTPS to manage files
- Use a password as safest as you can and change it periodically
- Fix any issues which are reported for software components used by your Magento installation as you see the caution
- Use the private keys for transferring data and make the deployment process automatically
- Set the access limitation for the Magento Admin
- Don’t install extensions directly on a production server
- Use two-factor authorization for Admin logins
- Limit required outgoing connections
- Analyze traffic and discover suspicious point
- Secure the computer that used to access the Magento Admin
- Don’t be taken for a ride
Having a careful consideration before making a decision to install any extension or click on an advertisement.
- Particularly prepare for suddenly problems
- Improve your recovery continuity plan
- Test the backup regularly to ensure that it can be restored
- Operate with your hosting provider to create a professional database backup solution
- Check for sign of attack
- Check the Admin actions Log for suspicious activity
- Use automatic log review tools
- Review server logs for suspicious by asking the co-operation from your hosting provider
- Use a file and data integrity checking tool to receive notification of any potential malware installation
- Check all system logins
Those tips above can help you decrease the risk of getting virus or malware. Hopefully, you can use it to build a strong website and run a successful Magento store.